CCBN and its members are longstanding leaders in nurse professionalism and health care equality whose initiation and promotion of culturally competent and equitable health care practices within the state of Colorado has effected change in global health initiatives, national healthcare standards, Colorado state healthcare policies, and postsecondary curriculum in colleges, universities, and schools of Nursing throughout the state of Colorado, with prominence in metropolitan Denver and throughout the Front Range.
Join the ranks of those who are leaders in the profession. Capitalize on the rich history, community connections, and education opportunities that membership affords. Increase the availability of undergrad and graduate scholarships through CCBN's chartered membership in the National Black Nurses Association, Inc. (NBNA) as Eastern Colorado Council of Black Nurses (ECCBN). As an ECCBN member, you will join the over 150,000 that NBNA represents and those who recognize the value of belonging to the only professional African American nursing association.
CCBN/ECCBN is actively engaged in finding solutions to resolve the many issues currently challenging the profession of nursing and nursing education on local, national, and global levels. CCBN has improved health statuses across cultural and racial divides through their influence on health care delivery including through inspiring the formation of and/or supporting a multitude of community based health service organizations that service the city, state and nation, and through collaborative practices that address global health status disparities in countries as far-reaching as areas within the continent of Africa.
As a result, you don't have to be "Black" to join. You only need a desire to support the mission of improving the health status of all people through the promotion of culturally competent and equitable health care. Whether a student, CNA, LPN, RN or a friend of the profession, ALL are welcome to join in the cause of solidifying equitable healthcare for all.
- Networking with African American nurses from around the State, country, the Caribbean and Africa.
- Scholarship programs from CCBN, ECCBN and NBNA.
- Leadership opportunities through committees and task forces.
- Education topics presented at monthly meetings and quarterly professional development workshops.
- Association partnerships with local, state and national organizations.
- Speaking engagements at national and local conferences, including Congressional Black Caucus Health Brain Trust.
- National Minority Quality Forum
- Participate in NBNA's National Initiatives on Violence Prevention, Global Health, Mentorship and Brain Health
- NBNA Webinars, CE and Non-CEU
- Collaborations with schools of nursing relating to mentoring, scholarships, community outreach and transition-to-practice.
- Community outreach and promotion of health sciences to elementary and secondary education students.
- A host of networking opportunities .
- Student: unlicensed nursing student who is enrolled in a nursing program, college or school of nursing.
- First Year Grad: any graduate who has graduated within one calendar year of the time of application.
- RN/LPN/LVN: all registered and licensed RNs, LPNs, and LVNs who are in good standing with the licensing agency of their state or territory. Regular members are entitled to all privileges and benefits of membership.
- Retired: any RN/LPN/LVN who is retired at 65+ years.
- Lifetime: Lifetime Membership - any member who wishes to pay a one-time fee and chapter fees annually if applicable.
- Lifetime Benefits include:
- Complimentary conference registration in the year that the final payment is made
- Lifetime Membership Certificate
- Listed on the NBNA Lifetime Members Plaque
- Listed in the NBNA Conference Souvenir Program annually
- Listed on the NBNA website
- Special recognition at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference honoring Lifetime Members
- Special seating for Lifetime Members at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference
- Complimentary NBNA premium
ECCBN Dues: $50/yearly
- Student $55
- First Year Grad $125
- RN/LPN/LVN $225
- Retired $125
- Lifetime $2000 *May be paid in $500.00 installments four  times in one  year). Final payment due May 15th in order to be printed in the Conference Program Book