CCBN and its members are longstanding leaders in nurse professionalism and health care equality whose initiation and promotion of culturally competent and equitable health care practices within the state of Colorado has effected change in global health initiatives, national healthcare standards, Colorado state healthcare policies, and post-secondary curriculum in colleges, universities, and schools of Nursing throughout the state of Colorado, with prominence in metropolitan Denver and throughout the Front Range. Whether a student, CNA, LPN, RN or a friend of the profession, ALL are welcome to join in the cause of solidifying equitable healthcare for all through increasing the number of professional Black nurses represented in the healthcare industry.
Join the ranks of those who are leaders in the profession. Capitalize on the rich history, community connections, and education opportunities that membership affords. Increase the availability of undergrad and graduate scholarships through CCBN's chartered membership in the National Black Nurses Association, Inc. (NBNA) as Eastern Colorado Council of Black Nurses (ECCBN). As an ECCBN member, you will join the over 200,000 that NBNA represents and those who recognize the value of belonging to the only professional African American nursing association. Membership levels are as follows:
- Student: unlicensed nursing student who is enrolled in a nursing program, college or school of nursing.
- First Year Grad: any graduate who has graduated within one calendar year of the time of application.
- RN/LPN/LVN: all registered and licensed RNs, LPNs, and LVNs who are in good standing with the licensing agency of their state or territory. Regular members are entitled to all privileges and benefits of membership.
- Retired: any RN/LPN/LVN who is retired at 65+ years and/or at 30 years or more in the profession.
- Lifetime: Lifetime Membership - any member who wishes to pay a one-time fee and chapter fees annually if applicable.
- Lifetime Benefits include:
- Complimentary conference registration in the year that the final payment is made
- Lifetime Membership Certificate
- Listed on the NBNA Lifetime Members Plaque
- Listed in the NBNA Conference Souvenir Program annually
- Listed on the NBNA website
- Special recognition at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference honoring Lifetime Members
- Special seating for Lifetime Members at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference
- Complimentary NBNA premium
- Any member who is not in the nursing profession but supports the mission. Being in the medical profession is not a requirement.
- Any pre-nursing or nursing student receiving assistance with membership dues from a third party organization or individual.
- New applicants applying between the months of August-November of the current year with paid membership for the upcoming year or a student pursuing nursing in the per-requisite stage of the nursing program. Dues are prorated.
CCBN/ECCBN is actively engaged in finding solutions to resolve the many issues currently challenging the profession of nursing and nursing education on local, national, and global levels. CCBN has improved health statuses across cultural and racial divides through their influence on health care delivery including through inspiring the formation of and/or supporting a multitude of community based health service organizations that service the city, state and nation, and through collaborative practices that address global health status disparities in countries as far-reaching as areas within the continent of Africa. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Networking with African American nurses from around the State, country, the Caribbean and Africa.
- Scholarship programs from CCBN, ECCBN and NBNA.
- Leadership opportunities through committees and task forces.
- Education topics presented at monthly meetings and quarterly professional development workshops.
- Association partnerships with local, state and national organizations.
- Speaking engagements at national and local conferences, including Congressional Black Caucus Health Brain Trust.
- National Minority Quality Forum
- Participate in NBNA's National Initiatives on Violence Prevention, Global Health, Mentorship and Brain Health
- NBNA Webinars, CE and Non-CEU
- Collaborations with schools of nursing relating to mentoring, scholarships, community outreach and transition-to-practice.
- Community outreach and promotion of health sciences to elementary and secondary education students.
- A host of networking opportunities .
CCBN Dues: $50/yearly
ECCBN National Fees (additional):
- Student $50 (total $100.00)
- First Year Grad $150 (total $200.00)
- RN $225.00 (total $275.00)
- LPN/LVN $175.00 (total $225.00)
- Retired $112.50 (total $162.50)
- Lifetime $2000 *May be paid direct to NBNA in $500.00 installments four  times in one  year). Final payment due May 15th in order to be printed in the Conference Program Book or through CCBN in 5 or 10 easy installments.
- Associate Membership $175.00 (total $225.00)
- Sponsored $5 set up fee (+ $100 student membership paid by sponsor)
- Provisional $0 - $50 contingent upon place in enrollment cycle.
*Please note: PayPal fees apply for online payment and are included when the payment link is clicked.
Membership Enrollment Periods:
- The membership enrollment period begins in August for the upcoming calendar year of January through December. Installment plans for the following calendar year are available beginning in January with a choice of 5 installments or 10 installments.
- To qualify for national voting rights, local and national membership dues must be PAID IN FULL not later than March 15th yearly through local submission or on the ECCBN website. Registration on the NBNA (national) website is available through March 31st yearly.
- Please note: Membership fees paid after March 31st establishes a member as in good standing with LOCAL voting rights but not NATIONAL voting rights. All other local and national benefits remain in full effect however.
- A provisional membership status with limited rights and benefits may be granted for students in the prerequisite stage of nursing school and/or or for new applicants applying between the months of August-November of the current year for an additional, prorated fee. Membership fees for the upcoming calendar year must be paid to be privy to this membership status. Students excepted.