The Eastern Colorado Council of Black Nurses (ECCBN) is a chapter of the National Black Nurses Association, Inc. (NBNA). When you join ECCBN you also become a member of NBNA. Therefore, you have the chance to become a member of an organization whose history is rich with leaders, pioneers, visionaries, professionals and students. As a member, you will join over 150,000 that NBNA represents and those who recognize the value of belonging to the only professional African American nursing association.
*You must join ECCBN and NBNA to be a member in good standing.
- Networking with African American nurses from around the country, the Caribbean and West Africa
- The NBNA Scholarship and Awards Program -- NBNA offers scholarships to all levels of nursing students to continue and complete their nursing education
- Leadership opportunities through committees and task forces
- Continuing education topics presented at each monthly meeting
- Student: unlicensed nursing student who is enrolled in a nursing program, college or school of nursing.
- First Year Grad: any graduate who has graduated within one calendar year of the time of application.
- RN/LPN/LVN: all registered and licensed RNs, LPNs, and LVNs who are in good standing with the licensing agency of their state or territory. Regular members are entitled to all privileges and benefits of membership.
- Retired: any RN/LPN/LVN who is retired at 65+ years.
- Lifetime: Lifetime Membership - any member who wishes to pay a one-time fee and chapter fees annually if applicable.
- Lifetime Benefits include:
- Complimentary conference registration in the year that the final payment is made
- Lifetime Membership Certificate
- Listed on the NBNA Lifetime Members Plaque
- Listed in the NBNA Conference Souvenir Program annually
- Listed on the NBNA website
- Special recognition at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference honoring Lifetime Members
- Special seating for Lifetime Members at the Closing Session of the NBNA Annual Conference
- Complimentary NBNA premium
ECCBN Dues: $35/yearly
- Student $55
- First Year Grad $125
- RN/LPN/LVN $225
- Retired $125
- Lifetime $2000 *May be paid in $500.00 installments four  times in one  year). Final payment due May 15th in order to be printed in the Conference Program Book